Shaun Cassidy Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV (Exclusive)
The "Invasion" creator will develop new projects for the studio.
Universal Television is going into business with Shaun Cassidy.
The studio has signed the Invasion creator to a two-year overall deal, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Under the pact, Cassidy will create and develop new projects for the studio.
"Shaun Cassidy is a talented creator and a skilled showrunner. With his vast experience in the entertainment business, he understands all angles of making a TV show," Universal TV exec vp Bela Bajaria said. "He is also a strong supervisor to other writers, and we are excited to have a deal with him at Universal TV."
Cassidy most recently was a consulting producer on CBS' Blue Bloods and developed Western The Frontier for NBC via Sony Pictures Television. The drama from EP Thomas Schlamme was picked up to pilot but did not move forward in 2012. His credits also include Invasion, The Mountain and Cold Case.
Cassidy is repped by CAA and Bob Myman.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)