Shawn Ryan Drama Project Lands at ABC
The network commits to futuristic thriller "The Last Resort" with feature writer Karl Gajdusek attached.
ABC is getting into the Shawn Ryan business.
The network has committed to produce a pilot for The Last Resort, a futuristic thriller from The Shield creator and Dead Like Me scribe Karl Gajdusek.
The project, from Sony Pictures Television, revolves around the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who, after ignoring an order to fire nuclear missiles, wind up being hunted and escape to a NATO outpost where they declare themselves to be the world’s smallest nuclear nation.
Ryan and Gajdusek, whose credits also include the upcoming feature film Trespass, will write the pilot.
The project is Ryan’s second this development season. The Chicago Code creator also has a crime procedural with Criminal Minds’ Simon Mirren set up at CBS. That project, also from Sony Pictures Television, revolves around a genetic scientist who uses his own psychopath gene to assist the FBI. It’s based on the real life story of IC Irvine processor/scientist James Fallon.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10