Shawn Ryan Renews Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
The "Shield" creator will remain at the studio, where he has multiple projects in contention.
The Shield mastermind Shawn Ryan is staying put at Sony Pictures Television.
The prolific producer has inked a new three-year overall deal with the studio, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Ryan, who most recently developed Beverly Hills Cop for CBS and had ABC's Last Resort canceled after one season, has been with the studio since he moved from 20th Century Fox in 2011.
Ryan has several projects currently in development for the 2014-15 TV season. Among them are a 1950s Hawaii-set drama at Fox with Justin Lin and Davey Holmes attached and an ABC drama, for which the producer is reteaming with Last Resort's Karl Gajdusek.
Ryan also has a mining drama at HBO and limited series Mad Dogs at FX. Ryan and Baz Luhrmann are prepping a drama set at the birth of the hip-hop era. A network is not yet attached for the project.
Ryan joins House's David Shore and Breaking Bad's Vince Gilligan, among others, at the studio.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR