'Sherlock' Finds New Villain for Season 3
"Borgen" star Lars Mikkelsen will be Sherlock Holmes' nemesis in upcoming run.
Sherlock has found the private eye's new villain.
Borgen star Lars Mikkelsen has been cast as Charles Augustus Magnussen, Sherlock executive producer Sue Vertue announced Monday on Twitter.
"Sherlock's new nemesis -- introducing Lars Mikkelsen as Charles Augustus Magnussen," Vertue tweeted with a photo of Mikkelsen, who is Hannibal star Mads Mikkelsen's brother.
Sherlock executive producers Vertue, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss made an appearance at San Diego's Comic-Con this month to discuss the upcoming third season of the British series, which airs inthe U.S. on PBS' Masterpiece.
In the season-three premiere, "The Empty Hearse," the panelists revealed the focus will be on the impact Sherlock's (Benedict Cumberbatch) faked death will have on Watson (Martin Freeman).
Sherlock returns for season three in the States in 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR