'Sherlock': New Season 3 Trailer Sends Twitter Abuzz (Video)
A 30-second spot released Saturday plays up the social-media reaction to news of Sherlock Holmes' resurrection.
A brand new trailer for the anticipated return of Sherlock has hit the web, and it plays up the social media frenzy surrounding Sherlock Holmes' (Benedict Cumberbatch) return from the dead.
"Oh. My. God!" exclaims a Sherlock fan after her phone buzzes to life.
Various Twitter hashtags take over the screen: #SherlockIsAlive!, #SherlockIsNotDead and #SherlockLives are among the most popular ones. (Talk about being meta.)
In August, the first trailer touting the return of the British series -- which plays on PBS Masterpiece in the U.S. -- debuted, focusing on various characters' reactions to learning of Sherlock's faked death. This one goes a step further, opening with John Watson (Martin Freeman) visiting Sherlock's grave and later likely coming face-to-face with the news.
Watch the preview below.
Sherlock returns Sunday, Jan. 19 on PBS Masterpiece.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR