Shonda Rhimes Sells 'Gilded Lillys' Drama to ABC
The period project, written by "Gossip Girl's" K.J. Steinberg, would revolve around the staff of the first luxury hotel ever build in New York.
Shonda Rhimes isn’t content to have just three shows on ABC.
The prolific showrunner, via her Shondaland production company, has sold Gilded Lillys to ABC.
The period project would be set in 1895 and revolve around the family who owns New York’s first true luxury hotel, the staff who work there and the people who pass through.
The hourlong drama project, from ABC Studios, is written by K.J. Steinberg (Gossip Girl, State of Mind, The Nine) with Rhimes and Shondaland partner Betsy Beers (Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice) on board as nonwriting executive producers.
Gilded Lillys marks Rhimes’ fourth project with ABC: rookie legal drama Scandal is set for midseason; medical dramas Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice return next month for their eighth and fifth seasons, respectively.
Rhimes had three series on the air last season, with jungle medical drama Off the Map failing to earn a second-season pickup.
Rhimes is repped by ICM; Beers is with UTA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'