Showtime Launches Its Streaming Video App for iPad
With Showtime Anytime, the cable network joins the race to offer premium cable subscribers new ways to watch its programming.
Showtime Networks Chairman and CEO Matthew C. Blank announced on Tuesday that the cable channel just launched Showtime Anytime, its streaming video service, for the iPad.
Showtime Anytime offers the cable channel's subscribers more than 400 hours of the network’s programming including its original series and movies.
It also allows users to create a personal selection with its “My List” feature. A “play shifting” feature allows users to pause a program then continue watching it with a different device. For social media, the app allows users to follow and “like” Showtime’s series on Facebook and share their thoughts on what they’re watching to Twitter.
Also, the network adds AT&T U-Verse and Verizon FiOS customers to its list of Showtime Anytime partners. Comcast customers can access the streaming video service via XFinitytv.com. The network promises to announce further cable and satellite TV partners shortly. Earlier this month, Showtime also launched an interactive app for streaming video service, Roku.
Showtime Anytime launched to Comcast customers in Oct. of last year joining the race to give its subscribers more options for viewing its programming. Its premium service competitor, HBO, launched HBO Go in May of last year with more than a million downloads in its first week and has since launched in Canada. HBO continued to sign partnership deals with TV service providers – most recently with Time Warner earlier this month.
For more on Showtime Anytime, visit its website.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10