Showtime Offers 'House of Lies' Premiere Early (Video)
Ahead of its Jan. 8 bow, the comedy starring Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell is available now online and on demand.
No lie here: Showtime is offering the premiere of its upcoming Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell comedy House of Lies early.
In a bid to increase sampling, the premium cable network is following a trend that worked well for its Golden Globe-nominated drama Homeland and offering the dark comedy early to viewers via its official Web site, YouTube and on demand, in addition to smart phones and tablets.
The model worked well for Homeland, which was offered more than two weeks early online and went on to become Showtime’s highest-rated drama premiere in eight years, with 1.08 million viewers at 10 p.m. besting the series bows of The Borgias (1.06 million) and Shameless (982,000).
Offering premieres early online has become more frequent this television season, as the CW made rookie dramas Hart of Dixie and The Secret Circle available ahead of their debuts, as did Fox with its Zooey Deschanel comedy, New Girl. All three series went on to earn full-season pickups.
House of Lies, a dark comedy about big business, premieres Sunday, Jan. 8 at 10 p.m.
Watch the premiere below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws