Showtime Orders Marriage Drama Pilot From 'In Treatment' Duo
"The Affair" hails from Sarah Treem and Hagai Levi and will explore marriage from the male and female perspective.
Showtime is putting its spotlight on marriage.
The premium cable network that's home to Homeland, Dexter and Shameless handed out a pilot order to The Affair, a relationship drama told from the male and female perspective.
In Treatment's Sarah Treem and Hagai Levi created the concept for the drama, which will explore two marriages, the affair that disrupts them and the fallout that ensues.
Treem, whose credits also include Netflix's House of Cards, will pen the script and executive produce alongside Levi and Shameless' Mark Mylod.
Affair marks Showtime's third pilot order this season, following hourlong dramas Penny Dreadful and The Vatican. The pickup comes as the network is preparing to launch celebrity fixer drama Ray Donovan and later, Masters of Sex, as it considers the future of Dexter beyond next season.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)