Showtime Renews 'Gigolos' for Second Season
The network also is looking to do another season of "The Franchise" with a different MLB team but has yet to pull the trigger on a third season of "The Real L Word."
BEVERLY HILLS -- Showtime has ordered a second season of docusoap Gigolos. Showtime entertainment president David Nevins confirmed the second season order during a conversation at the Television Critics Association press tour Wednesday morning.
Gigolos “has done well for us,” said Nevins. “People are fascinated by it.”
The reality series follows male escorts working in Las Vegas. It is among a handful of unscripted series on Showtime including The Real L Word and The Franchise, about the World Series champion San Francisco Giants.
Nevins said he has plans to turn The Franchise into a regular series with different MLB teams each season, though the network is not yet in discussions with another team. (HBO has attempted to do the same with Hard Knocks, but the NFL labor dispute has scuttled the show this season.)
The network has yet to make a decision on another season of The Real L Word. But Nevins noted that the series has built viewership in its second season. And that is “an indicator” of its renewal prospects.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)