Showtime Renews 'Gigolos' for Second Season
The network also is looking to do another season of "The Franchise" with a different MLB team but has yet to pull the trigger on a third season of "The Real L Word."
BEVERLY HILLS -- Showtime has ordered a second season of docusoap Gigolos. Showtime entertainment president David Nevins confirmed the second season order during a conversation at the Television Critics Association press tour Wednesday morning.
Gigolos “has done well for us,” said Nevins. “People are fascinated by it.”
The reality series follows male escorts working in Las Vegas. It is among a handful of unscripted series on Showtime including The Real L Word and The Franchise, about the World Series champion San Francisco Giants.
Nevins said he has plans to turn The Franchise into a regular series with different MLB teams each season, though the network is not yet in discussions with another team. (HBO has attempted to do the same with Hard Knocks, but the NFL labor dispute has scuttled the show this season.)
The network has yet to make a decision on another season of The Real L Word. But Nevins noted that the series has built viewership in its second season. And that is “an indicator” of its renewal prospects.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR