'Weeds' Premiere on Par With Season 7 Ratings, 'Episodes' Shy of Freshman Take
Kicking off its eighth and final run on Showtime, the Mary Louise Parker comedy falls short of previous debuts but rises from its most recent numbers.
Following several weeks of sampling, Showtime officially debuted season premieres of Weeds and Episodes on Sunday night.
Weeds, entering its eighth and final run, brought in 805,000 viewers in its initial airing, pulling in a total of 1.33 million viewers following an encore. That number is down from last year's 1.1 million premiere, but topped its seventh season finale (556,000) and seventh season average (720,000) by significant margins.
The last season of Weeds netted just north of 3.3 million weekly viewers when taking into account encores, DVR and On Demand.
Also up against the night's stiff broadcast and cable competition was the sophomore outing for Matt LeBlanc starrer Episodes. The new season opened up to 486,000 viewers in its inaugural 10:30 p.m. broadcast, reaching 734,000 with encores. The first season of Episodes debuted to 768,000, later averaging 1.9 million across platforms.
Online sampling of the Episodes premiere has thus far reaped 820,000 views, though similar data for Weeds is not yet available.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR