Showtime's 'Ray Donovan' Adds Hank Azaria for Season 2
The "Simpsons" regular will have a recurring role on the sophomore season of the Liev Schreiber drama.
Showtime's Ray Donovan is adding a new foil for its title character.
The Simpsons staple Hank Azaria has boarded the Liev Schreiber series for a major arc in its second season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Azaria will recur and play James Cochran, head of the L.A. division of the FBI. Sherilyn Fenn (Showtime's Rude Awakening, Twin Peaks) will also board the drama as the wife to Azaria's James.
For Azaria, this marks the prolific voice actor's latest small-screen role and also his return to Showtime, where he starred in comedy Huff for two seasons. Azaria earned Emmy and SAG Award nominations for Huff, which he also produced. His TV credits also include NBC's short-lived Free Agents remake and five episodes of Friends, where he played a love interest for Phoebe. On the feature side, Azaria's credits include Happy Feet 2, The Smurfs franchise, Year One and Night at the Museum, among others.
Azaria is one of several new faces expected to join Ray Donovan's second season. The series is also casting for an ace reporter and detective, both of whom will be looking into Ray.
Ray Donovan, from The Mark Gordon Co., will return in the summer. A specific date has not yet been announced.
Azaria is repped by WME and Sloane Offer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed