Simon Cowell Developing DJ Talent Search Show
Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith's Overbrook Entertainment are on board to co-produce with SYCO and Sony Pictures Television, with the format to be sold in the U.S. and abroad.
Simon Cowell is getting into the spin of things.
The X Factor and America's Got Talent executive producer is developing a reality competition series searching for the world's best DJ.
Cowell's SYCO Entertainment is partnering with Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith's Overbrook Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television to launch the format, which is expected to be shopped internationally and domestically.
"DJ’s are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show,” Cowell said in a statement announcing the news.
The as yet untitled DJ show joins The X Factor, America's Got Talent, American Inventor, Celebrity Duets Pop Idol -- and American Idol -- and a slew of other reality competition series that Cowell has had a hand in.
Cowell reacted to the DJ news Wednesday on Twitter, clarifying his role in the potential series.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR