'Simpsons' and 'Beavis and Butthead' Creators Join Seth MacFarlane at His THR Cover Shoot (Video)
Matt Groening and Mike Judge joined the man behind "Family Guy" on the Fox lot to pose for some pictures.
Seth MacFarlane may be the animation whiz kid of the moment, but for his recent cover shoot on the Twentieth Century Fox backlot for THR's Showrunners issue, the man behind Family Guy, American Dad! and The Cleveland Show was joined by two guys who paved the way for MacFarlane's mega-success: Matt Groening and Mike Judge.
Groening is the one-time alt-weekly cartoonist who hit it big when his mid-show animated bits for The Tracy Ullman Show expanded out to get their own series: The Simpsons. The series joins MacFarlane's lineup of shows on Fox's Sunday night animation lineup and has been on the air for 23 seasons. The cast recently signed a deal to keep Groening's yellow family on the air for two more seasons.
Judge, meanwhile, is on his way back to TV. The creator of King of the Hill is looking to bring his original hit, Beavis and Butthead, back to MTV. New episodes of the idiot duo will debut on Oct. 27.
MacFarlane meanwhile has many projects either in active production or in the works. For a detailed look at his vast (and very lucrative) empire, read this week's THR cover story here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game