'Simpsons' Blasts Fox News While Congratulating Fox (Video)
After Fox rebroadcast the first episode during the 25th anniversary programming, a new end card skewered the cable news network.
The Simpsons blasted Fox News in a new message that displayed during Fox's special 25th anniversary programming Sunday evening.
After re-airing the animated comedy's first episode, the Simpsons team showed an end card congratulating the broadcast network during the credits: "Congratulations FOX on 25 years…We still love you*."
Below in smaller print, the card singled out Fox News as not being a part of the congratulatory message. Led by an asterisk, the line read: "*This doesn’t include Fox News."
The Simpsons has not been shy in voicing its distaste for the cable news network. In the episode "The Fool Monty" during the 22nd season, the series poked fun at Fox News with a scene featuring a helicopter with the fake slogan "Fox News: Not Racist, But #1 With Racists."
Fox News' Bill O'Reilly subsequently aired the clip on his show and criticized The Simpsons and the network, saying on his program, "Continuing to bite the hand that feeds part of it, Fox broadcasting once again allows its cartoon characters to run wild." In response,The Simpsons aired a similar helicopter scene with the slogan "Fox News: Unsuitable for Viewers Under 75" in the episode following.
Fox's 25th anniversary program included reunions with the casts of Married ... With Children, In Living Color and That '70s Show and was led by Ryan Seacrest. The network also re-aired the first episode of Children.
Watch the video below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)