'Simpsons' Pays Tribute to 'Breaking Bad' in New Intro (Video)
Sunday's episode shows Marge cooking blue cupcakes and Homer dressed in a hat that screams Heisenberg.
The Simpsons is about to break bad.
The animated show will replace its normal opening with an homage to AMC’s Breaking Bad in Sunday’s episode.
Marge plays the cook, whipping up blue cupcakes; Homer is Heisenberg (albeit -- a much less industrious version than Bryan Cranston’s); and Bart handles distribution, hauling away a briefcase full of the goods.
It’s set to the '60s song “Crystal Blue Persuasion,” which Breaking Bad masterfully used last year in its mid-season finale during a montage showing Walter White’s drug empire moving like clockwork.
According to the episode’s synopsis, other elements in the episode will be Breaking Bad-themed. Homer must save his marriage after Marge becomes angered by his behavior. (Skyler White, anyone?) Milhouse, meanwhile, attempts to become a Marlon Brando-style bad boy to impress Lisa after viewing A Streetcar Named Desire.
The Simpsons airs Sunday at 8 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR