'The Simpsons' Pays Tribute to Hayao Miyazaki (Video)
This Sunday's episode will feature a sequence with Springfield versions of characters from the director's films.
The Simpsons is paying tribute to Oscar-winning animator and director Hayao Miyazaki with a scene incorporating characters from some of his films.
Miyazaki announced at the Venice Film Festival that his most recent release, The Wind Rises, would be his final animated film.
The sequence (embedded below) features the following Miyazaki characters: Catbus (embodied by Otto) from My Neighbor Totoro, the scarecrow Turnip-Head (Moe) and the castle (Kwik-E-Mart) from Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki the witch (Patty and Selma) from Kiki's Delivery Service and No-Face from Spirited Away.
There are others, according to Slate, which put together an annotated guide to the clip.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws