Meet Sketchy Andy, Madonna's Super Bowl Slackliner (Video)
An obscure sports star is spotted performing in the Queen of Pop's halftime show.
Amid the flash and spectacle of Madonna's Super Bowl Sunday halftime show, wherein M.I.A. stole the thunder with her middle-finger flipping moment, there was Sketchy Andy, jumping up and down on a very thin rope, among other stunts.
Andy Lewis (stage name: Sketchy Andy) is a star in the sport of slacklining, which involves balancing on a rope made of stretchy nylon material, and, in Lewis' case, busting a move and doing backflips off it on football's biggest night alongside one of music's biggest superstars.
Lewis -- a cult star in the sport, also dubbed tricklining -- bears a passing resemblance to the similarly curly-locked LMFAO frontman RedFoo, who also performed in the show. He wore a toga (bold!) while the camera captured his crowd-pleasing stunt and Madonna looked on, singing her 2000 hit "Music."
Check out Lewis' Super Bowl cameo and slacklining reel below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR