'Smallville's' Aquaman Joins CBS Pilot From 'Bridesmaids' Star (Exclusive)
Alan Ritchson wil play the boyfriend to Rebel Wilson's younger sister in the comedy which counts Conan O'Brien among its executive producers.
CBS' Super Fun Night has added a former superhero to its ranks.
Alan Ritchson, who played Arthur Curry/Aquaman on the CW's Smallville, has joined the network's pilot from Bridesmaids' Rebel Wilson, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Super Fun Night revolves around three nerdy female friends on their "funcomfortable" quest to have "super fun" every Friday night. Wilson will write, co-executive produce and star in the vehicle as Kimmie, one of the friends.
Ritchson will play the tanned and "hunk-a-licious" buffoon boyfriend of Kimmie's younger sister, who is described as a skinnier, prettier version of her older sibling.
The Warner Bros. Television multicamera project counts Conan O'Brien, Jeff Ross (Conan) and David Kissinger (Eagleheart, Andy Barker, P.I.), among its executive producers.
In addition to his arc on Smallville, Ritchson's credits include Spike's Blue Mountain State, which was ended its three-season run in February, and episodes of 90210 and CSI: Miami. He's repped by UTA, Michael Yanni Management and Hansen Jacobson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR