'Smash': Jack Davenport's Derek Doesn't Care About Your Feelings (Exclusive Video)
The "FlashForward" star plays the hotshot director in NBC's musical drama from executive producer Steven Spielberg.
When it comes to staging a successful play, Jack Davenport's Smash character doesn't care about your feelings.
Davenport plays Derek Wills, the hotshot director of the Marilyn Monroe theatrical production at the center of the NBC drama whose moral compass doesn't always point to doing the right thing.
"He's a creative guy who doesn't care whose feelings get hurt on the way to realizing his vision," Davenport says of Derek's priorities in a clip exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter.
Derek is among those tasked with deciding who is best equipped to star as Marilyn: Katharine McPhee's Karen -- a naive and morally grounded actress looking for her first big break -- or Megan Hilty's seasoned Ivy -- who's willing to do almost anything to get the part.
Smash premieres Monday, Feb. 6 at 10 p.m. on NBC. Watch the pilot online starting Monday.
Watch the video above.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Jena Malone Serenades Us For The Shoe's 'I'm Okay' Album - Listen Now!
- Ian Somerhalder Reunites with Maggie Grace & 'Lost' Cast at PaleyFest 2014!
- Dwyane Wade Helps Hold Up Fiance Gabrielle Union's Gown While Attending 'Call of the Game' Dinner
- LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian is the 'Hottest Coach Ever'!