'Smash's' 'Will & Grace' Reunion: Sean Hayes Lands Season 2 Arc
He'll reunite with Debra Messing on NBC's Broadway drama, playing a film and TV star making his debut on Broadway.
Smash is reuniting Will & Grace's Sean Hayes and Debra Messing.
Hayes has booked a multiple-episode arc on Season 2 of NBC's Broadway drama, the network said Monday.
Hayes will play Terrence Falls, a comedic TV and film star who is making his Broadway debut in the musical Liaisons, based on the novel Les Liaisons dangereuses. However, due to a series of comedic circumstances, he becomes a thorn in the side of Megan Hilty's Ivy and other characters.
The arc becomes Hayes' second with NBC for the upcoming season, following a stint on the sophomore comedy Up All Night.
Hayes becomes the latest addition to the ever-expanding Season 2 cast of Smash under new showrunner Josh Safran (Gossip Girl). Broadway player Krysta Rodriguez, Andy Mientus, Jeremy Jordan and Jennifer Hudson have joined the series as the drama undergoes a creative reboot that will see the exits of Season 1 co-stars Brian d'Arcy James (Frank), Jaime Cepero (Ellis), Raza Jaffrey (Dev) and Messing's former on-screen love interest Will Chase (Michael Swift).
Hayes and Messing co-starred on NBC's Will & Grace for eight seasons, with Hayes taking home an Emmy, four SAG awards and seven Golden Globe nominations for the role. Hayes also picked up a Tony nomination in 2011 for his Broadway debut for Promises, Promises.
He is repped by WME and Ziffren Brittenham.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR