'Smash': Tom and Derek's History is Revealed (Exclusive Video)
The former friends finally have it out when Derek attempts to take control of the musical at the center of the NBC drama.
Things are getting a bit tense on the set of Marilyn the Musical on NBC's Smash.
After fallout from the lackluster workshop, the creative team behind the musical begins to unravel as Derek (Jack Davenport) makes a play to take control of the production from writers Julia (Debra Messing) and Tom (Christian Borle).
In a clip from Monday's "The Coup" episode exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, Derek and Tom finally have it out, with the writer finally revealing just why he was apprehensive about bringing the womanizing helmer aboard in the first place.
"You haven't got the edge, or the insight or the balls to make Marilyn what she needs to be," Derek tells him.
"We were friends, do you remember that?!" Tom says at the end of it all.
Check out the clip below to see what created the rift in the first place.
Smash airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on NBC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR