'Smash': Tom Sings the Marilyn Monroe Blues (Exclusive Video)
Christian Borle steps in to play studio boss Darryl Zanuck during rehearsals for "Bombshell" in an exclusive clip from Monday's episode.
When the actor playing Darryl Zanuck fails to make it to rehearsals on Monday's episode of Smash, Christian Borle's Tom will step in to save the day.
During Monday's "Understudy" episode, the Broadway veteran takes his turn in the rehearsal spotlight during a musical number in which the beleaguered studio chief sings the Marilyn Monroe blues as part of the newly titled Bombshell play at the center of the NBC series.
"She makes directors wait all day; one line per hour is all she'll say and still she thinks we're going to pay? She needs a talking to," he sings to a clearly entertained ensemble.
Elsewhere, Tom isn't the only one filling in for an absent star when Uma Thurman's Rebecca Duvall gets stuck in Cuba en route to join the New York production, forcing Derek (Jack Davenport) to put Karen (Katharine McPhee) into Marilyn's shoes.
Check out the clip, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, to see how Derek responds to rival Tom's performance.
What do you think of Tom's effort? Smash airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on NBC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing