'Smash's' Star-Struck Karen Gets a Wise Word From Jennifer Hudson (Exclusive Video)
In an exclusive scene from the second-season premiere, the former "American Idol" finalist previews a life that could be around the corner for the "Bombshell" star.
After Bombshell's successful run in Boston, Katharine McPhee's Karen has a new mentor on NBC's Smash: Veronica "Ronnie" Moore, aka American Idol finalist Jennifer Hudson.
When the second season of the series returns Feb. 5, Karen and company will have returned to New York following a solid test run of the Marilyn Monroe musical, Bombshell as the production eyes a run on Broadway.
As Eileen (Anjelica Huston), Julia (Debra Messing) and Tom (Christian Borle) work through both personal and professional obstacles, Derek (Jack Davenport) takes Karen on a tour of the town -- including meeting his successful Broadway diva pal, Ronnie.
While Karen is still very wide-eyed about the success that awaits her as Bombshell continues to build its buzz, Ronnie imparts a few wise words of advice for the Broadway star in training.
Check out The Hollywood Reporter's exclusive first-look clip from the season premiere below, and hit the comments with your thoughts on the vibe between McPhee and Hudson -- and why Derek seems to be hitting the booze.
Season two of Smash premieres in its new night on Tuesday, Feb. 5 with a two-hour episode starting at 9 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR