'SNL': Jim Parsons Sings With Steve Urkel, George Costanza (Video)
Castmembers playing Henry Winkler, Bill Cosby and Angela Lansbury help the "Big Bang Theory" star explain they aren't actually their TV characters.
Saturday Night Live host Jim Parsons knows a thing or two about typecasting.
During his opening monologue, he claimed that he's nothing like Sheldon Cooper, who he has played on CBS' The Big Bang Theory for seven years.
"I'm not a scientist. I do not speak Klingon. I do have a male roommate, but I assure you that it's a vastly different arrangement," he said, before being joined by a group of other typecast TV stars for a musical number.
Steve Urkel was a nerd who helped '90s evenings pass, but "Jaleel White, he's a full-grown man who could probably kick your ass," Parsons sang. Meanwhile, "Jason Alexander, now and always George Costanza. But did you know he won a Tony because he could sing and danza?"
Also in the mix: Henry Winkler (Taran Killam), Bill Cosby (Kenan Thompson) and Angela Lansbury (Kate McKinnon). Jay Pharoah played White and Bobby Moynihan played Alexander.
Read a full recap of the episode here.
Saturday Night Live airs at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)