Sofia Vergara Does Dominican TV, Dances With One Direction on 'SNL' (Video)
The Colombian actress played mother to members of the boy band during Fred Armisen's "Manuel Ortiz" sketch.
Modern Family star Sofia Vergara was a strong force as host of Saturday Night Live, where she visited the The Hunger Games arena and imitated comedian Fran Drescher.
In her opening monologue, Vergara emphasized her South American roots, a strong hint it would be difficult for SNL to pass up the opportunity to put her in The Manuel Ortiz Show, an occasional sketch centered on Fred Armisen’s flamboyant Dominican TV star.
Per usual, the sketch is interrupted by a dance number every few seconds. When Vergara’s character learns her husband has been cheating on her via Skype, the couple’s five sons—played by members of musical guest One Direction—shuffle on stage and dance with her. A few in the British-Irish boy band even attempt Dominican accents, with less than successful results.
Watch the video below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR