Soledad O'Brien in Talks for Al Jazeera America Production Deal
The former CNN host's company, Starfish Media Group, would produce long-form programming for the forthcoming cable network.
Soledad O'Brien's Starfish Media Group is in advanced negotiations with Al Jazeera America on a production deal, a person familiar with the matter told The Hollywood Reporter. Under the deal, O'Brien's company would produce long-form programming and other segments for the forthcoming cable news network.
Earlier this month, O'Brien inked a content development deal with HBO for projects developed by Starfish Media Group. She also appears on the HBO program Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel (O'Brien's first piece aired Tuesday night).
O'Brien announced the formation of Starfish Media Group in February as she was leaving CNN's Starting Point. Her production company will also continue to produce programming for the cable news network.
Al Jazeera America, backed by the government of Qatar, is set to launch later this summer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack