'Sons of Anarchy' Gets Online Post-Show
The three-episode "Anarchy Afterword" will be hosted by Chris Franjola and feature Kurt Sutter and other guests.
FX is joining the post-show craze.
The cable network has greenlit Anarchy Afterword, a post-episode talk show for Kurt Sutter's Sons of Anarchy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The cable network has picked up three episodes of the post-show. Each 30-minute installment will stream live on FX's website after the East Coast airing and be tied to the 90-minute season six premiere -- set for Sept. 10 -- as well as episode five and the season finale. FX will keep the content online for weeks so those who missed the live episode can catch it.
Chris Franjola (Chelsea Lately) will host each episode, which likely will include one or two commercial breaks. Sutter, who teased the news on Twitter, will join Franjola along with celebrity superfans and various cast members to be announced at a later date.
Anarchy Afterword joins a growing roster of live post-episode talk shows. AMC has found success with The Walking Dead companion The Talking Dead and has tapped its host, Chris Hardwick, to oversee Talking Bad, a similar entry tied to the final season of Breaking Bad.
FX CEO John Landgraf recently told THR that the network is considering a companion series tied to Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk's American Horror Story.
"I'd love to do it," Landgraf said in June. "We're thinking about it. If we do it, I don't think we'll necessarily do it the way AMC does, as a linear thing. We might do an online thing. We haven't made a final decision, but I think there's a decent possibility we're going to do something like that for Coven."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws