'Sons of Anarchy': Jimmy Smits Returning for Season 6
The actor plays Nero Padilla, a love interest of Katey Sagal's character, on the FX biker drama.
More good news for Sons of Anarchy fans: Nero Padilla (Jimmy Smits) will be back in Charming for season 6, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Smits, who joined the show in season five as the gangster-turned-"companionator," will be back for all 13 episodes of season 6, as reported by TV Line.
On season 5, Smits' character wooed and won over Gemma (Katey Sagal), while also helping Jax (Charlie Hunnam) and the California motorcycle club sort out some troubles with their enemies.
At the end of season 5, showrunner Kurt Sutter told press that he would like to see Smits return but wasn't sure if the actor's schedule would allow it. "His sort of Latino past and that energy, mixing it into our world, is really fascinating for me," he told reporters. "I love the relationship that is going on with he and Gemma. There's enough emotional weight on the table, there's enough relationship weight on the table for us to continue that storyline."
This is the second day in a row of casting news for Sons of Anarchy. On Wednesday, THR confirmed that Donal Logue will return to his role as former U.S. Marshal Lee Toric, whose sister was killed in prison by the character Sutter plays on Sons.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR