Sony Sells Basketball, Pregnancy Comedies to Fox, ABC
"Rules of Engagement's" Mike Sikowitz will write the sports project, while the Disney-owned network is adapting Teresa Strasser's "Exploiting My Baby" memoir.
Sony Pictures Television has sold a pair of single-camera comedies.
Fox has given a script plus penalty order to Wednesday Night Warriors, a comedy revolving around the lives of five high school basketball teammates who have remained close friends and basketball buddies into their 30s.
Rules of Engagement’s Mike Sikowitz has signed on to executive produce and pen the project. In addition to writing and executive producing Rules, which CBS moved to the plumb post-Big Bang Theory time slot on Thursdays, Sikowitz’s credits include Grounded for Life and serving as a story editor on Friends. He is repped by ICM and Gendler & Kelly.
In addition, ABC has ordered a script from Sony based on the Teresa Strasser’s book Exploiting My Baby: A Memoir of Pregnancy & Childbirth. Julia Franz and Jamie Tarses (Happy Endings) will oversee through their Fan Fare shingle alongside Strasser.
The project chronicles Strasser’s adventures as a first-time mother. The former host of TLC’s While You Were Out and co-host of The Adam Carolla Show is repped by Renaissance Management.
Lacey Rose contributed to this report.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!