NBC Releases First 'Sound of Music' Poster Featuring Carrie Underwood (Photo)
An official one-sheet for the live Dec. 5 telecast debuted Monday.
On Monday, NBC released the first piece of promotional material for the live production of The Sound of Music after announcing three additions to the cast.
Starring Carrie Underwood as Maria and True Blood's Stephen Moyer as Capt. Georg von Trapp, the official one-sheet for the upcoming holiday telecast is reminiscent of one of the most memorable moments in the 1965 film adaptation starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer.
Expectedly, the poster heavily touts the live factor and the tagline promotes the classic musical's return.
The Sound of Music airs Dec. 5 on NBC.
See the poster below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR