NBC's 'Sound of Music' Full Trailer: 'We're Not Trying to Remake the Movie' (Video)
A longer promo for the Dec. 5 live production has Laura Benanti declaring that this could be a version of the musical "for a new generation."
NBC has released the full trailer for its ambitious live production of The Sound of Music.
The new spot provides a longer look at castmembers who aren't named Carrie Underwood, though she kicks off the two-and-a-half minute promo with her "rehearsal" of "My Favorite Things." Laura Benanti, Christian Borle, Audra McDonald and Stephen Moyer all get a few sound bites, with Benanti saying the most interesting things.
"We're not trying to remake the movie. Nobody can remake the movie," Benanti assures, referencing the 1965 Oscar-nominated big-screen adaptation starring Julie Andrews.
Borle meanwhile sells the audience on the size and scope of the production. The set is in a NASA hangar, if that is any indication. At the one-minute mark, you also get a preview of Moyer's singing voice in a duet with Underwood.
As Benanti says, this will be "a Sound of Music for a new generation."
Watch the full trailer below:
The Sound of Music airs live on Dec. 5 on NBC.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR