Spike TV Offering Largest Prize in Reality TV History With 'Big Foot' Series
"10 Million Dollar Big Foot Bounty," backed by Lloyd's of London, gets a 10-episode order on the male-skewing network.
If Big Foot does exist, proof of that just got very lucrative.
Spike TV announced Thursday a 10-episode pickup for 10 Million Dollar Big Foot Bounty, a new reality competition that's offering what would be the largest cash prize in TV history. The only catch is that the titular $10 million, backed by insurers of the bizarre at Lloyd's of London, can only be awarded to a contestant that provides irrefutable evidence that that Big Foot exists.
Scientists, zoologists, trackers and actual Big Foot hunters are among the competitors the series is lining up, with casting already underway. Teams will present their evidence to Big Foot "experts" in attempt to win the prize. And of the 10 episodes will follow different teams tackling the search with different methods.
Production will take place at locations across the U.S.
The one-hour series comes from Charlie Corwin’s Original Media (Swamp People) with Corwin, Michael Riley and Jon Kroll (The Amazing Race) serving as EPs.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)