Spike TV Orders Additional Episodes of 'Bar Rescue'
The cable network, which just salvaged "Cops," has ordered a fourth run of the Jon Taffer fronted series.
Bar Rescue has received the green light for another season on Spike TV. The network announced Thursday that it's ordered a 20-episode return of its popular unscripted series.
Debuting its third run in February, Bar Rescue recently hit a franchise high of 2.2 million viewers in its competitive Sunday night time slot. The premiere was up triple digits with both adults 18-34 and 18-49.
Bar Rescue follows bar and nightlife expert Jon Taffer as he works with business owners to help revive their failing establishments and turn a profit. It comes to Spike from Eyeworks USA and eps JD Roth, Todd A. Nelson Brant Pinvidic, DJ Nurre, Tim Warren and Taffer. Spike TV director of original series Justin Lacob serves as the executive in charge of production.
Additionally, Taffer will be featured in Spike pilot Hungry Investors, a restaurant world spin on Shark Tank.
Bar Rescue will return in the fall, where it will join recent Spike TV acquisition Cops, which ends its 25-season run on Fox this month.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)