Spike TV Orders 'Tattoo Rescue'; Renews 'World's Worst Tenants' for Second Season
The cable network is adding another tattoo-themed series to a schedule that includes "Ink Master" and "Tattoo Nightmares."
Spike TV is going deeper into the tattoo business.
The Viacom-owned cable network has ordered 10 episodes of a new, one-hour series entitled, Tattoo Rescue. The show centers on renowned tattoo expert Joey Germinario, better known as Joey Tattoo, and his team of experts as they travel the country transforming failing tattoo studios into profitable ventures. It will join a newly granted second season of World's Worst Tenants on Spike's reality-heavy schedule next summer.
This is the latest look at the $2.3 billion-plus industry, with Spike already airing Ink Master and Tattoo Nightmares. In this case, the focus is on the 22-year Hoboken, N.J., veteran who often will have to deal with belligerent owners, obstinate tattoo artists and shops with massive health code violations in his seemingly impossible weekly quest. The effort is produced by Charlie Corwin’s Original Media, which produces NY and LA Ink, with Vem Miller's Sweatshop Media also on board as an executive producer.
For Worst Tenants' part, the renewal comes after the series, which revolves around the most despicable, outrageous, dangerous and insane tenants, averaged 1 million viewers during its summer run. Among the coveted male 25-34 demo, the series lifted the net 96 percent, year over year. The half-hour show is produced by Barry Poznick and John Stevens of Zoo Productions.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)