Spike TV Puts 'Bomb Squad' in Development (Exclusive)
The project is set at the NYPD bomb unit and is one of two dramas the network is looking at.
Spike TV has picked up a pilot script revolving around the NYPD bomb squad, according to sources. The project, one of two scripted hours the network is looking at, was developed by Christian Darren (Surf’s Up, Bullets from Now), ABC News producer Richard Esposito and The Collective.
Esposito penned a 2007 book about the New York Police Department’s bomb squad with co-author Ted Gerstein. The project is not expressly based on the book, but it will be set at the NYPD unit and Esposito will serve as a consulting producer. Darren will pen the pilot and executive produce with The Collective.
Spike’s scripted slate has so far focused mainly on comedy. The network recently picked up a third season of college football comedy Blue Mountain State with Denise Richards and Ed Marinaro. And it has two promising comedy pilots in development: the bowling league sitcom Thunderballs, from Jim and Steve Armogida (Grounded for Life); and Mega-Winners, a single-camera comedy about a 30-something man who still lives with his parents when he wins a multi-million dollar lottery jackpot.
Bomb Squad is one of two drama pilots Spike is looking at along with F.T.W., which revolves around an Atlanta police officer who goes undercover to infiltrate a militia organization in his hometown.
Darren is repped by APA and attorney Mitch Smelkinson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR