Spike TV Orders New Series 'Urban Tarzan'
The new show, premiering spring 2013, will center on the extreme animal handler formerly known as John Brennan.
Spike TV is heading into the world of extreme animals.
The male-skewing cable network has given a series order Urban Tarzan, a show that features extreme animal handler UrbanTarzan (formerly known as John Brennan), who rescues, captures and relocates dangerous and exotic animals.
Urban Tarzan has been picked up for 10 half-hour episodes to premiere in spring 2013 and will be shot in various locations in the U.S.
The show will center on UrbanTarzan as he runs the privately-owned service Urban Tarzan Animal Relocation. Missions include capturing a deadly python in a residential neighborhood to tracking down a lion that escaped from sanctuary. Assistant Jay "The Caveman" Cassidy will also be featured.
The series is produced by Asylum Entertainment. Steve Michaels and Jonathan Koch will serve as executive producers. The original concept came from UrbanTarzan, Lorraine Yarde and Marke Basile.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)