Josh Gad Begs J.J. Abrams to Cast Him in 'Star Wars' Reboot (Video)
The "1600 Penn" actor, who stars in the upcoming "jOBS," auditions for Episode VII on "The Tonight Show."
Though J.J. Abrams has signed on to direct the next installment of the Star Wars franchise, the official cast list has yet to be finalized. But if the Star Trek filmmaker and writer Michael Arndt need a few ideas, actor Josh Gad has a fresh plot in mind.
The 1600 Penn star staged an unsolicited audition for Episode VII while on The Tonight Show on Tuesday night. "J.J. Abrams doesn't know yet that we're gonna work together, but tonight's the night!" he told Jay Leno of "his plea to J.J."
"The sky's the limit -- from what I understand, they're gonna do all these different things. So I was thinking, why can't someone like me star in one of those films?...Why can't Leia and Han have an overweight son named Michael Solo?"
Gad pulled out scripts from his jacket for himself and Leno, who read lines as Harrison Ford's Han Solo. The dialogue revealed that Gad's Michael Solo would be "the fattest kid in Jedi school," dealing with "Grandpa Vader's breathing problems" and asking his father about the time "Mom and Uncle Luke almost hooked up on Endor."
Episode VII is tentatively set for a 2015 release, so Abrams has plenty of time to watch the full video below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR