'Star Wars' TV Series Reveals Concept Art, Logo (Photos)
Drawings by concept artist Ralph McQuarrie were unveiled at "Star Wars" Celebration Europe.
The first concept art and logo for Disney's animated Star Wars Rebels television series was revealed at Star Wars Celebration Europe on Saturday.
Executive producer Dave Filoni offered attendees the first look by unveiling drawings by concept artist Ralph McQuarrie that offer a better glimpse at the look and feel of Star Wars Rebels. Additionally, the official logo for the series was revealed (see below). Executive producers Simon Kinberg and Greg Weisman sent a video message recorded for the attendees.
Star Wars Rebels takes place between Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, which spans about two decades. The animated series is set "in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape."
Star Wars Rebels is scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special on Disney Channel before debuting as a television series on Disney XD.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'