Starz to Air BBC Period Drama 'Dancing on the Edge'
The 1930s jazz-centric series, starring Chiwetel Ejiofor, Matthew Goode and John Goodman, will get a stateside bow in October.
Starz has landed the U.S. rights to Dancing on the Edge. The period drama comes from playwright Stephen Poliakoff and saw its official premiere on BBC2 earlier in year.
Starring Chiwetel Ejiofor, Matthew Goode, John Goodman, Angel Coulby, Anthony Head and Jacqueline Bisset, Dancing on the Edge chronicles The Louis Lester Band, an all-black jazz ensemble playing the club circuit in 1930s London. The series chronicles the band's rise to fame while dealing while racist resistance among the city's aristocrats and, ultimately, a murder mystery.
Billed as a five-episode miniseries, Dancing on the Edge bows on Starz in October. It joins another import, BBC One co-production The White Queen, which comes to the network in August.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR