Starz Nabs Football Drama Inspired by Ex-NFL Players (Exclusive)
"Off Season," from Jeremy Elice and Eric Amadio, is inspired by the lives of ex-NFL players (and executive producers) Keyshawn Johnson and Brian Kelly.
Upon inking a first-look deal at Starz, Jeremy Elice has nabbed a script commitment for football drama Off Season.
The hourlong effort centers on the newly promoted, youngest head coach in professional football as he handles harsh competition. Things only get more cutthroat and complex during the off-season as he navigates infighting among players, decisions on who to cut and politics with the owners. All of this is in the pursuit of putting together a team that might have a shot at a championship.
Off Season is inspired by the lives of ex-NFL players Keyshawn Johnson and Brian Kelly, who will serve as executive producers on the small-screen project. Eric Amadio (Shadows & Lies) will write and executive produce, with Elice serving as an EP through his newly launched Elice Island Entertainment.
Elice, formerly the president of TV at Legendary Pictures, is repped by Ginsburg Daniels; Amadio is repped by WME, Underground and Bloom Hergott's Greg Slewett.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)