Starz Releases First Look at 'White Queen' (Video)
Richard III, no stranger to headlines of late, gets an origins story in the cable network's War of the Roses series.
Starz couldn't have asked for better timing to launch its latest original, The White Queen. The dramatization of Richard III’s life hits television later in 2013, just a few months after the discovery and verification of his nearly 600-year-old remains.
The network has released a first clip and stills from the series, which stars Aneurin Barnard as the controversial monarch. But White Queen is more of an origins story, taking place during the War of the Roses, when Richard's brother Edward IV (Max Irons) served as king.
White Queen's 10-part season, a co-production with the BBC, also stars David Oakes as third royal sibling Duke of Clarence, as well as Janet McTeer, James Frain, Rebecca Ferguson, Amanda Hale, Faye Marsay, Ben Lamb, Tom McKay and Eleanor Tomlinson.
And as the title and following clip illustrate, the series is just as much about the women:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack