Starz Releases First Look at 'White Queen' (Video)
Richard III, no stranger to headlines of late, gets an origins story in the cable network's War of the Roses series.
Starz couldn't have asked for better timing to launch its latest original, The White Queen. The dramatization of Richard III’s life hits television later in 2013, just a few months after the discovery and verification of his nearly 600-year-old remains.
The network has released a first clip and stills from the series, which stars Aneurin Barnard as the controversial monarch. But White Queen is more of an origins story, taking place during the War of the Roses, when Richard's brother Edward IV (Max Irons) served as king.
White Queen's 10-part season, a co-production with the BBC, also stars David Oakes as third royal sibling Duke of Clarence, as well as Janet McTeer, James Frain, Rebecca Ferguson, Amanda Hale, Faye Marsay, Ben Lamb, Tom McKay and Eleanor Tomlinson.
And as the title and following clip illustrate, the series is just as much about the women:
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR