Starz Renews 'Da Vinci's Demons' for Second Season
The premium network announced the pickup Wednesday.
Starz is moving forward with another season of Da Vinci's Demons.
Starz CEO Chris Albrecht announced the news Wednesday following the strong series debut performance, drawing 2.14 million viewers over premiere weekend. During its April 12 debut, Da Vinci's Demons retained more than 70 percent of lead-in Spartacus' series finale audience.
Production on season two is expected to begin in Wales in May, and the show will return in 2014.
“Da Vinci’s Demons serves up action, adventure and history in a unique and highly entertaining way that only someone like David S. Goyer can,” said Albrecht. “The first season premiered to strong audience engagement, and we are excited to bring the next chapter of Leonardo da Vinci’s adventures to audiences around the world.”
“I'm excited that we get to continue the adventures of the world's most eccentric and glorious polymath. Long live Leonardo, and thanks to Starz for helping to make it happen,” said Goyer.
Da Vinci's Demons centers on 25-year-old Leonardo da Vinci (Tom Riley) as he struggles to live within the confines of his own reality and time. Laura Haddock, Elliot Cowan, Lara Pulver and Blake Ritson co-star.
Goyer serves as showrunner and directed the first two episodes of the season. Julie Gardner is executive producer, along with Jane Tranter.
Da Vinci's Demons airs at 9 p.m. Fridays.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR