'Spartacus' Casts Its Julius Caesar and Marcus Crassus
Todd Lasance and Simon Merrells will join the Starz drama in Season 3.
Starz's Spartacus has cast its Julius Caesar and Marcus Crassus.
Todd Lasance and Simon Merrells have been cast as the young rogue and wealthy Roman, respectively, the cable network announced Tuesday.
Lasance, best known as Ben McMahon on Australian legal drama Crownies, will portray the Caesar, who is described as having deadly intelligence and a skilled swordsman who will begin his ascent toward the all-powerful ruler he will one day become.
For his part, Merrells' credits include U.K. drama London's Burning and the BBC's Mersey Beat. His Crassus is described as being the richest man in the Roman Republic, who is envied and despised among the senate and craves the power and respect that defeating Spartacus (Liam McIntyre) and his rebel army would bring.
Lassance is repped by Gersh and Marquee Management; Merrells is with Conway van Gelder Grant.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR