'Spartacus' Casts Its Julius Caesar and Marcus Crassus
Todd Lasance and Simon Merrells will join the Starz drama in Season 3.
Starz's Spartacus has cast its Julius Caesar and Marcus Crassus.
Todd Lasance and Simon Merrells have been cast as the young rogue and wealthy Roman, respectively, the cable network announced Tuesday.
Lasance, best known as Ben McMahon on Australian legal drama Crownies, will portray the Caesar, who is described as having deadly intelligence and a skilled swordsman who will begin his ascent toward the all-powerful ruler he will one day become.
For his part, Merrells' credits include U.K. drama London's Burning and the BBC's Mersey Beat. His Crassus is described as being the richest man in the Roman Republic, who is envied and despised among the senate and craves the power and respect that defeating Spartacus (Liam McIntyre) and his rebel army would bring.
Lassance is repped by Gersh and Marquee Management; Merrells is with Conway van Gelder Grant.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR