'State of Georgia' Off to OK Start for ABC Family
Stiff competition on the broadcast and cable networks gave ABC Family's new comedy lineup a run for its money.
On Wednesday, rookie comedy State of Georgia debuted as the cabler's second-highest comedy premiere to date in the adults 18-49 demographic, only behind Melissa & Joey, which returned for its summer run. About 737,000 in 18-49 watched Georgia, led by Raven-Symone and Majandra Delfino, at 8:30 p.m.
With 1.32 million total viewers tuning in, Georgia's series opener underperformed if compared to the shortlived 10 Things I Hate About You which drew about 1.6 million to its premiere before it was canceled. Though it is not a direct comparison, Pretty Little Liars launched to 2.5 million on the drama side.
Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence's Melissa & Joey led off the night with a solid showing at 8 p.m., outperforming its fall finale in 18-34 (518,000 vs. 439,000), among other female-centric demos. Melissa & Joey attracted 1.54 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'