Stephen Colbert Freaks Out Over Bill O'Reilly's Gay Marriage Reversal (Video)
The faux-conservative Comedy Central host loses his cool over his Fox News mentor's change of heart on marriage equality. Goats are involved.
First the American electorate abandoned Stephen Colbert; now, he's even lost his Papa Bear -- a man he thought was "a life partner."
On Wednesday, the Comedy Central host, who appeared haggard and "drunk" in a bathrobe on his show the night following President Barack Obama's re-election, decried the major shift made by Bill O'Reilly on gay marriage. O'Reilly said Tuesday that with regard to same-sex marriage, "The compelling argument is on the side of homosexuals" and that "the other side hasn’t been able to do anything but thump the Bible."
The Fox newsman added that he had no strong feelings on the issue and felt the federal government should not legislate on the marriage.
As Colbert noted, it was a major shift for the conservative stalwart, who had been openly -- and mockingly -- opposed to marriage equality. It also seemed to reverse the slam O'Reilly made on former President Bill Clinton for his decision to back gay marriage: He called Clinton, who in 1996 signed the Defense of Marriage Act, a phony.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)