Stephen Colbert on Sister's Election Loss: 'Tonight, I Am Angry' (Video)
"The Colbert Report" host didn't hide his disappointment that Elizabeth Colbert Busch lost a South Carolina congressional race.
Stephen Colbert didn't try to hide any disappointment on Wednesday after his sister, Elizabeth Colbert Busch, lost to ex-governor Mark Sanford in South Carolina's special congressional race a day prior.
"Tonight, I am angry. And, for once, that doesn't make me happy," Colbert announced.
"My sister lost. How could this happen? I was so sure Lulu had won because CNN called it for Sanford," he opined, needling the cable news network for its recent blunders.
Colbert also decided to switch his allegiance from South Carolina to North Carolina in light of the election results.
"I'm a Tar Heel now, whatever the f--k that means," he quipped.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR