Stephen Colbert Sulks in Despair Post-Obama Win (Video)
So confident of a GOP landslide, "The Colbert Report" host is despondent a night after his candidate lost to President Obama.
Stephen Colbert (well, his alter ego) did not have a good Wednesday.
Following his berating of the American electorate on Tuesday night for re-electing President Obama, the conservative satirical news host looked like he had cratered in the subsequent 18 hours. Sporting a red robe, a backward hat and more white cheddar popcorn than should be legal for one man to eat, Colbert began his show with his head down on the desk, electorally and emotionally defeated.
"What are you people doing here? Shouldn't you be out celebrating?" he shouted at his audience. "Because evidently you don't listen to anything I say! I've been bringing you the truth, hot and hard now for seven years, and how do you repay me? Four more years of hope and change! What do you think, I do this night after night for your amusement? I do it for America!"
America, and to fulfill his contract -- as he was soon reminded.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR