Stephen Colbert Sulks in Despair Post-Obama Win (Video)
So confident of a GOP landslide, "The Colbert Report" host is despondent a night after his candidate lost to President Obama.
Stephen Colbert (well, his alter ego) did not have a good Wednesday.
Following his berating of the American electorate on Tuesday night for re-electing President Obama, the conservative satirical news host looked like he had cratered in the subsequent 18 hours. Sporting a red robe, a backward hat and more white cheddar popcorn than should be legal for one man to eat, Colbert began his show with his head down on the desk, electorally and emotionally defeated.
"What are you people doing here? Shouldn't you be out celebrating?" he shouted at his audience. "Because evidently you don't listen to anything I say! I've been bringing you the truth, hot and hard now for seven years, and how do you repay me? Four more years of hope and change! What do you think, I do this night after night for your amusement? I do it for America!"
America, and to fulfill his contract -- as he was soon reminded.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws