Stephen Colbert's $1 Million Offer to Donald Trump Passes Deadline (Video)
In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, Colbert extended the deadline on his offer to Trump -- but the billionaire fell short.
Donald Trump has dropped the ball.
The brash billionaire made a very public promise last week that he would donate $5 million to charity if President Obama showed him his college records and passport application; once Hurricane Sandy hit, he then said he'd donate the cash to relief efforts. In response, Stephen Colbert issued his own very generous offer: if Trump allowed him to place his testicles in his mouth, he'd donate $1 million of his own money to charity.
Trump ended up extending the deadline of his offer, from October 31 at 5 p.m. to November 1 at noon; last night, Colbert followed suit, offering up more time for Trump to become his "scrotum holster."
As it turned out, the extra time was not enough; Trump did not open up for a good cause. Still, the whole charade did produce some solid television:
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR