Stephen King, Christmas Specials Set at TCM
The cable network will air pair of documentaries from DreamWorks Television as part of its "A Night at the Movies" series.
Turner Classic Movies has set a pair of specials to its A Night at the Movies documentary series revolving around Stephen King and … Christmas.
The Horrors of Stephen Kingwill kick off a month of classic horror on TCM starting Monday, Oct. 3 at 8 p.m. and will feature the horror master discussing how he discovered terror at the movies. King will take viewers on a journey through several aspects of the genre, including vampires, zombies, demons and ghosts as well as exploring reasons behind moviegoers’ crave for fright.
Features set to be part of the Halloween celebration include 1931’s Frankenstein, 1941’s The Wolf Man and 1943’s I Walked With a Zombie.
TCM will shift to a month holiday-themed special starting Tuesday, Dec. 6, with Merry Christmas! a look at the most iconic holiday films of all time, including It’s a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street. The documentary will explore variations within the genre, including holiday romances and family movies. The monthlong celebration will include screenings of A Christmas Carol and Meet Me in St. Louis.
Both specials will be produced by DreamWorks Television and Laurent Bouzereau.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10